If you have been affected by the MV Wakashio oil spill, we invite you to fill out our claim form.
The claim is being brought on a conditional fee agreement. Claimants will not have to pay for the cost of starting the claim however upon settling the claim a disbursement fee and a win fee will be deducted.
All residents and citizens of the Republic of Mauritius can make a legitimate claim provided they do not fall within the exclusion category
Non Mauritians nationals from countries other than the commonwealth who have been residents for a period of over 180 days the last preceding year but not yet registered voters but capable of legally entering into a contract and not mentally impaired can register a claim
You cannot claim if you:
- are a civil servant or officer of government who are afforded protection under Public Officers Protection Act 1957; Your family members can claim.
- are not legally capable to enter a contract under the Laws of Mauritius
- cannot vote in an election in Mauritius
- are mentally impaired
- are residents of Agalega who were not physically in Mauritius at the time of the incident
- are residents of Rodrigues who were not physically in Mauritius when the incident happened
- are residents of Chagos-Diego Garcia who were not physically in Mauritius at the time of the incident
- are a Member of the diplomatic corps or with similar status