deprived of food but not their innocence
WHO WE ARE
NO TO POVERTY (NTP) is the fruit of philanthropic works since 2010. Our diverse team members are from different races and cultural backgrounds, however, we all believe in helping orphans, impoverished children, widows, the elderly and people with disabilities.
Through our Food, Re-empowerment, Education and Environment activities (NTP F.R.E.E Program™), we aim to help those in Mauritius regardless of race, gender or beliefs.
Would you turn your back on a hungry person this Ramadan?
Purify your wealth
No To Poverty distributes your Zakat only to those who belong in one of the eight zakat-worthy categories as specified in the Quran to uplift the poor, help those who are troubled and comfort those who are in hardship (Al-Tawbah, 9:60), similar, to No To Poverty goals to alleviate poverty and bring hope that one day the Zakat recipients will be able to give rather than receive zakat. But it starts with you paying it.
The eight ZAKAT-WORTHY categories
1. The poor (al-fuqarâ’)
2. The needy (al-masâkîn)
3. Zakat administrators.
4. Those whose hearts are to be reconciled.
5. Those in bondage
6. The debt-ridden.
7. In the cause of God.
8. The wayfarer
Support the construction of NO TO POVERTY House
We will run the following activities at No To Poverty House
- Hot meal distribution to alleviate hunger.
- After-school educational support for children.
- Guidance and training to re-empower women and job seekers.
- Free medical consultations for people in need.
- Caregiver training for NTP volunteers to assist people with disabilities, the ailing, and the elderly.
- Plastic recycling collection point.
- Distribution of plants to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Operation of a victualler, with the profits sustaining our poverty-alleviating activities.
How You Can Help
DONATE TO A CAUSE
Exercise books, Pens, Pencils, Books, Printing paper and other Educational learning materials
Medical Aids and Care
Assistance to disabled and the elderly. With your donation we can help those with Care services,…
Help us provide hot meals to children from under privileged families and the needy.
NTP F.R.E.E Program™
Food, Re-empowerment, Education, Environment and other Poverty Alleviating activities